Your hearing aids must be cleaned every day. To take full advantage of your hearing aids, it is essential that they always be clean. Your hearing aids will not work properly if regular maintenance is not done.
- Make sure that your fingers are dry and clean before handling your hearing aids.
- Remove any wax accumulated on your hearing aids or on the earmold.
- Your hearing aids must be kept in a dry place.
- Never leave your hearing aids in the bathroom.
- Take out your hearing aids before taking a shower.
- Take out your hearing aids before going to the hairdresser or barber.
- Hair and beauty products can damage your hearing aids.
- Always leave the battery compartment open during the night.
Your hearing aids must always be cleaned with cleaning products designed for hearing aids. Solvents and liquid detergents can damage the electronic circuits.
To find out what products are available, consult the “Product Catalogue” section by clicking here.
Planning a trip requires considerable preparation. Here are some easy tips to take care of your hearing aids:
- Have your hearing aids checked before leaving.
- Take along a sufficient number of extra batteries.
- Never expose your hearing aids directly to the sun.
- Avoid exposing your hearing aids to water (swimming, rain, hairdresser, etc.).
- Always store your hearing aids in their case to avoid shocks.
- Use ProtecLobe nightly in order to absorb humidity.